Mediquai - Healthcare clinic in Zurich switzerland - Medical Care Centre In Zuirch

Sports have been a significant part of my life since I was a child. The adrenaline rush, the sweat, the thrill of making it to the top, playing to win and winning it- it was all I lived for. With a sudden turn of events, my ambition took a back seat, and quite ironically, now each day starts with an hour-long warm up- not because I’m stepping out on the field- but to be able to function through the day. 

 

After a running injury, I ignored my symptoms for a long time. My foot had experienced a sudden impact, because of which I experienced a serious injury. I didn’t pay it any heed for months- the hunger of beating my track record surpassed my care for my own well being.

 

A year after the injury and after long, futile months of taking painkillers, my journey has led me to today, where I sit in a beautiful, pristine office in the middle of Switzerland, rid of my worries. The view of the lakefront and the fresh air of the city takes me back to simpler times and reminds me that I am healing. I can feel the tension in my foot under the hardbound plaster, but I’m certain that I’ll be fine.

 

The Mediquai Clinic in Zurich sees an influx of sports injuries on the regular. Ever since I’ve become a member, I’m being taken care of, much better than I could back at home. 

Serious sports injuries can require surgery and physiotherapy- but the most important art of treating an injury is diagnosis. Thankfully, as a Mediquai member, my results came out right after I approached them- I had an Achilles tendon injury. Now that I’m getting treated and physically rehabilitated, it will be a couple of weeks before I can get back on my feet again.

 

When people watch sports, they only view the glamorous or thrilling side of it- not what goes on in the locker room. Injuries are a part and parcel of almost all outdoor sports, which is why it’s a sector that needs attention in the medical fraternity. With the Tokyo Olympics in the news and sportsmen who have to quit, even at such major platforms due to injuries, effective treatments are the need of the hour. Sports injuries are common in younger adults and children- more than 3.5 million children and teens are injured as part of organised sports or physical activity each year. 8.6 million people, ages 5 to 24, have a sports injury every year in the United States.

 

I want to end my anecdote with a call for all sportspeople out there- If you take your sport seriously and are susceptible to hurting yourself, become a member of Mediquai.

 

For more info, visit www.mediquai.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mediquai - Medicalcare in zurich switzerland

How to increase organic traffic? - Easy Step

How to tackle stress: Mental Health and Wellness - Mediquai