Mediquai - Medicalcare in zurich switzerland

It’s okay to not feel okay: An insight into the mind and mental wellness. 

Mental health has been a stigma in our society for a time longer than I can imagine. In this fast-paced world, where everything is turning digital and there’s lesser human contact, I find myself lost among crowds, often craving a simple conversation. The biggest impact that it has had is probably on how I feel during my alone time- on the subway, in restaurants, at my work desk and at the mall. The world seems to be moving faster than I am, and every day seems like a new challenge to complete.

I was diagnosed with chronic anxiety last year, after a major breakdown I had in front of my spouse. That was a warning signal that something was wrong, after which, we decided to seek professional help. I knew that this wouldn’t come as good news to a lot of my loved ones, but to this day, I’m glad that I made that decision.

Over a year of therapy and constantly educating myself, I’ve realised that your mind is as delicate, vulnerable and precious as your body. It needs to be looked after with care, and it can carry the same imbalances that any other organ can. For years, Simone Biles was one of the very best at focussing on the task at hand: winning. Dominating. Getting it done. Then, suddenly — to some, shockingly — she decided she wasn’t in the right headspace. Mel Gibson, in a 2008 documentary, admitted that he had bipolar disorder. People you meet on a regular may be struggling to keep their mental health in order- without even anyone realising it.

It was during the time of my search for a psychologist, I came across a pristine medical clinic that was based in Switzerland. My husband and I decided to pay them a visit- owing to the circumstances at the time, it seemed like it was worth it. As we entered their office, situated right in front of the lakefront in Zurich, we were welcomed at the reception and shown some seats, where we went through their membership plans- to choose the one that would suit us best. Mediquai has partnered with the top hospitals in Switzerland- with highly experienced doctors and state of the art technology. My therapist, who is a licensed psychologist, gave me my diagnosis shortly after my sessions started, and I have seen a drastic improvement since then. Even though the world continues to be overwhelming, I find myself keeping pace with it, and living each day to see the next.

https://www.mediquai.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to increase organic traffic? - Easy Step

How to tackle stress: Mental Health and Wellness - Mediquai